7 days / 6 nights
Tour Guide: English speaking
Yangon | Bagan | Inle Lake
Bagan, Inle Lake, Yangon
This 7 days tour includes the must-see destinations of the Golden Land of Myanmar. Explore Yangon and its stunning Shwedagon Pagoda, the centrepiece of the city. Closer to the waterfront, downtown Yangon is a warren of historic streets concealing some of the best architecture in the region. Bagan is one of Southeast Asia’s architectural wonders and the Myanmar’s headline attraction, featuring thousands of temples. Inle Lake, a magical watery world of floating gardens, stilted villages and crumbling stupas, is also one of Myanmar’s most alluring attractions.
- Yangon, formerly known as Rangoon, may not longer be the Burmese capital, but it continues to be the hub of economic activity, a hive of intellectual debate and the main gateway for international visitors. The stunning Shwedagon Pagoda is the centrepiece of the city, a gleaming golden stupa visible from all over town. Closer to the waterfront, downtown Yangon is a warren of historic streets concealing some of the best British colonial-era architecture in the region. This is the real deal, and a walk along the Strand or Pansodan Street is like a stroll back in time. One surprise on arrival here is the complete lack of motorbikes, as they are banned from the streets of Yangon. Vibrant and dynamic, sweaty and steamy Yangon is reaching for the future while trapped in the past.
- Bagan, one of the most remarkable sights in South East Asia, has inspired visitors to Myanmar for nearly 1,000 years. The kingdom of Bagan has exited since the 8th century, but only rose to glory as capital of the First Kingdom of Myanmar in the early 11th century. Ancient chronicles state that there were once 4,446 temples over its wide plains but today only 2,230 remain, as recorded by UNESCO in 1998.
- Inle Lake is a magical watery world of floating gardens, stilted villages and crumbling stupas, and one of Myanmar’s most alluring attractions. Mountains tumble down towards the lakeshore, blurring the distinction between heaven and earth. For many visitors, Inle is heaven on earth, a place to while away the days canoeing, cycling and walking through the lush countryside. The Intha people are famous for their leg rowing.
Our service includes:
- Accommodation: Yangon (2 nights), Bagan (2 nights) and Inle Lake (2 nights) as per itinerary.
- Domestic flights: Yangon – Nyaung-U, Nyaung-U – Heho and Heho – Yangon as per itinerary
- Transportation with private air-con car (boat in Inle Lake)
- Meals: Daily breakfast at hotel plus any other booked meals
- Guide service: Experienced and fluent English speaking guide
- Other services: Entrance fees, porterages and horse-cart rides (if included in the itinerary)